On Thursday, a series opener is on the schedule, with the Boston Red Sox (53-53) visiting the Kansas City Royals (41-64) at 8:10 PM ET. On the hill for the Red Sox will be Nick Pivetta (8-8), matched up against the Royals’ Kris Bubic (2-6).
How to Live Stream Red Sox vs. Royals
- Game Day: Thursday, August 4, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
- TV: NESN (Regional restrictions may apply)
FREE MLB LIVE STREAM: Watch Red Sox vs. Royals for free with a trial to fuboTV!
Red Sox and Royals Stats
- The Red Sox average the 16th-most strikeouts per nine innings (8.5) in the league this season.
- The Red Sox have the 24th-ranked ERA (4.27) in the majors this season.
- The Red Sox rank 18th in Major League Baseball with 103 home runs.
- Fueled by 349 extra-base hits, the Red Sox rank 10th in MLB with a .407 slugging percentage this season.
- The Royals pitching staff ranks 27th in the majors with a collective 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Royals have the 27th-ranked team ERA among all MLB pitching staffs (4.70).
- The Royals have hit the fourth-fewest home runs in baseball this season (85).
- This season, the Royals are 25th in the league with a .376 slugging percentage.
Red Sox vs. Royals Key Players
- Rafael Devers paces the Red Sox with 23 home runs and has put up a team-high batting average of .322.
- Xander Bogaerts has 28 doubles, nine home runs and 41 walks while hitting .312.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .264 with 22 doubles, six home runs and 22 walks.
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads the Royals with 15 home runs and 52 runs batted in, while posting a team-best batting average of .255.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .251 with 20 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 27 walks.
- Nicky Lopez is batting .248 with 11 doubles, two triples and 21 walks.
WATCH THE GAME: Watch Major League Baseball for free with a trial to fuboTV!
Red Sox vs. Royals Betting Odds and Trends
Red Sox vs. Royals Moneyline and Over/Under
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Red Sox vs. Royals Betting Trends
- This season, the Red Sox have won 31 out of the 53 games, or 58.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Boston has a record of 17-15, a 53.1% win rate, when favored by -134 or more by bookmakers this season.
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over in 46 of their 106 games with a total this season.
- The Royals have been victorious in 32, or 37.2%, of the 86 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Kansas City has a mark of 21-44 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +113 or worse on the moneyline.
- Kansas City and their opponents have gone over in 50 of their 108 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.