Tune in at 9:30 PM ET Wednesday on ESPN when the Dallas Stars visit the Calgary Flames for Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs First Round. The series is knotted up 2-2.
Flames vs. Stars Game Info
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Flames vs. Stars for free with a 7-day trial to fuboTV!
Flames and Stars Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Flames’ 291 total goals (3.6 per game) make them the sixth-best scoring team in the league.
- Defensively, the Flames are one of the stingiest units in league play, allowing 206 total goals (2.5 per game) to rank third.
- Their +85 goal differential is second-best in the league.
- The 54 power-play goals the Flames have put up this season are 10th-best in the NHL (on 237 power-play chances).
- The Flames’ 22.8% power-play conversion rate is 10th-best in the league.
- The Flames have recorded seven shorthanded goals this season (12th among NHL squads).
- The Flames have the league’s sixth-best penalty-kill percentage (83.2%).
- The Flames have the 11th-ranked faceoff win rate in the NHL, at 51.1%.
- The Flames make 10% of their shots (12th in the league).
- The Flames have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 22.4 hits and 11.7 blocked shots per game.
Flames Key Players
- One of Calgary’s top offensive options this season is Johnny Gaudreau, who has recorded 115 points in 82 games.
- Matthew Tkachuk has 42 goals and 62 assists for Calgary to compile 104 total points (1.3 per game).
- Calgary’s offensive effort is aided by Elias Lindholm’s 104 points. He’s contributed 40 assists.
- In the 63 games Jacob Markstrom has played this season, his save percentage is .922, 11th in the league.
- Flames Injuries: Sean Monahan: Out For Season (Hip), Tyler Parsons: Out For Season (Undisclosed)
- With 233 goals (2.8 per game), the Stars have the league’s 21st-ranked offense.
- The Stars give up 3.0 goals per game (244 in total), 14th in the NHL.
- They have the 20th-ranked goal differential in the league at -11.
- The Stars have 54 power-play goals (10th-most in NHL) on 240 chances.
- The Stars’ power-play percentage (22.5) ranks them 11th in the league.
- This season, the Stars have seven shorthanded goals (12th in league).
- At 79, the Stars have the 19th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Stars are second in faceoff win rate in the NHL (54.8%).
- With a shooting percentage of 9.4%, the Stars are 19th in the league.
- The Stars have not held their opponents scoreless yet this season.
Stars Key Players
- Joe Pavelski has put up 80 points (one per game) for Dallas, with 27 goals and 53 assists in 82 games (playing 18:28 per game).
- Jason Robertson has helped lead the offense for Dallas this season with 41 goals and 38 assists.
- Roope Hintz has 72 points so far, including 37 goals and 35 assists.
- Jake Oettinger is 30-15-1 on the season, giving up 114 goals (2.5 goals against average) and compiling 1217 saves with a .914 save percentage (23rd in the league).
- Stars Injuries: Braden Holtby: Out (Lower Body), Vladislav Namestnikov: Out (Lower-body)