The Calgary Flames host the Edmonton Oilers in Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs Second Round, with the Oilers ahead in the series 3-1. Watch on Thursday at 9:30 PM ET on ESPN.
Flames vs. Oilers Game Info
- Game Day: Thursday, May 26, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Flames vs. Oilers for free with a 7-day trial to fuboTV!
Flames and Oilers Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Flames’ 291 total goals (3.6 per game) rank sixth in the NHL.
- The Flames have allowed 206 total goals (2.5 per game), ranking third in NHL action for the fewest goals against.
- Their goal differential (+85) makes them second-best in the league.
- The 54 power-play goals the Flames have scored this season (on 237 power-play chances) are the 10th-most in the NHL.
- The Flames’ 22.8% power-play conversion rate is 10th-best in the league.
- The seven shorthanded goals the Flames have scored this season rank 12th among NHL squads.
- The Flames kill 83.2% of opponent power plays, the sixth-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Flames have the 11th-ranked faceoff win rate in the NHL, at 51.1%.
- The Flames have a 10% shooting percentage as a team, which ranks 12th in the league.
- The Flames have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 22.4 hits and 11.7 blocked shots per game.
Flames Key Players
- One of Calgary’s top offensive options this season is Johnny Gaudreau, who has put up 115 points in 82 games.
- Matthew Tkachuk has 104 points (42 goals, 62 assists) to add to the team’s scoring efforts.
- On 235 shots (for 42 goals) and 40 assists, Elias Lindholm has contributed 82 points this season.
- In 63 games played this season, Jacob Markstrom (37-15-9) has allowed 137 goals.
- Flames Injuries: Sean Monahan: Out For Season (Hip), Tyler Parsons: Out For Season (Undisclosed)
- The Oilers are seventh in the league in scoring (285 goals, 3.5 per game).
- The Oilers have given up 251 total goals this season (3.1 per game), 18th in the NHL.
- With a goal differential of +34, they are 11th in the league.
- The Oilers have 60 power-play goals (seventh-most in NHL) on 235 chances.
- The Oilers score on 25.5% of their power plays, No. 3 in the NHL.
- The Oilers have 11 shorthanded goals (third in NHL).
- The Oilers’ have the 17th-ranked penalty kill percentage (79.4%).
- The Oilers are ninth in faceoff win rate in the NHL (51.2%).
- The 10.2% shooting percentage of the Oilers is 11th in the league.
- The Oilers have not shut out an opponent yet. They average 22.6 hits and 12.4 blocked shots per game.
Oilers Key Players
- Connor McDavid’s 44 goals and 79 assists in 80 games for Edmonton add up to 123 total points on the season.
- Leon Draisaitl has helped lead the offense for Edmonton this season with 55 goals and 55 assists.
- Zach Hyman is a crucial player on offense for Edmonton with 27 goals and 27 assists.
- Mikko Koskinen has a .903 save percentage (44th in the league), with 1261 total saves, giving up 136 goals (3.1 goals against average). He has compiled a 27-12-4 record this season.
- Oilers Injuries: Oscar Klefbom: Out (Shoulder)