On Friday, a series opener is on the schedule, with the Chicago Cubs (41-63) hosting the Miami Marlins (48-57) at 2:20 PM ET. The Cubs will give the start to Justin Steele (4-7), and the Marlins will counter with Edward Cabrera (2-1).
How to Live Stream Cubs vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Friday, August 5, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
- TV: MLB Network Canada
FREE MLB LIVE STREAM: Watch Cubs vs. Marlins for free with a trial to fuboTV!
Cubs and Marlins Stats
- The Cubs average the 13th-most strikeouts per nine innings (8.7) in the league this season.
- The Cubs have pitched to a 4.41 this season, which ranks 25th in baseball.
- The Cubs rank 19th in Major League Baseball with 102 home runs.
- Fueled by 299 extra-base hits, the Cubs rank 14th in MLB with a .391 slugging percentage this season.
- The 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings compiled by the Marlins pitching staff ranks 11th in the majors.
- The Marlins have a 3.85 team ERA that ranks 11th across all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Marlins rank 20th in baseball with 98 total home runs.
- This season, the Marlins are slugging .374, the fourth-lowest average in baseball.
Cubs vs. Marlins Key Players
- Willson Contreras is stellar at finding his way aboard when he’s at the plate. Contreras leads the Cubs this season with a .369 OBP and 83 hits.
- Ian Happ has 25 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 42 walks while batting .273.
- Nico Hoerner paces the Cubs with a .292 batting average.
- Jesus Aguilar has 16 doubles, 13 home runs and 23 walks while batting .243.
- Miguel Rojas is hitting .238 with 14 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 19 walks.
- Garrett Cooper leads the Marlins with a team-best batting average of .278.
WATCH THE GAME: Watch Major League Baseball for free with a trial to fuboTV!
Cubs vs. Marlins Betting Odds and Trends
Cubs vs. Marlins Moneyline and Over/Under
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Cubs vs. Marlins Betting Trends
- This season, the Cubs have been favored 29 times and won 12, or 41.4%, of those games.
- Chicago has entered 12 games this season favored by -140 or more and is 5-7 in those contests.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 48 of their 106 opportunities.
- The Marlins have been underdogs in 56 games this season and have come away with the win 19 times (33.9%) in those contests.
- This season, Miami has come away with a win nine times in 32 chances when named as an underdog of at least +119 or worse on the moneyline.
- Miami and their opponents have hit the over in 50 of their 105 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.