Watch at 8:00 PM ET Wednesday on ABC when the Colorado Avalanche visit the Tampa Bay Lightning at Amalie Arena in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final. The Avalanche have a 2-1 lead in the series.
Avalanche vs. Lightning Game Info
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 22, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC (Regional restrictions may apply)
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Avalanche vs. Lightning for free with a 7-day trial to fuboTV!
Avalanche and Lightning Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Avalanche’s 308 total goals (3.8 per game) make them the fourth-best scoring team in the NHL.
- The Avalanche have conceded 232 total goals (2.8 per game), the ninth-fewest in NHL action.
- They have the league’s fourth-best goal differential at +76.
- The 67 power-play goals the Avalanche have put up this season (on 278 power-play chances) lead the NHL.
- The Avalanche’s 24.1% power-play conversion rate ranks eighth-best in the league.
- The Avalanche have capitalized with six shorthanded goals this season (17th among NHL teams).
- The Avalanche kill 79.7% of opponent power plays, the 15th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Avalanche have the 28th-ranked faceoff win rate in the NHL, at 47.3%.
- The Avalanche shoot 10.7% as a team (sixth in the league).
- The Avalanche have not secured a shutout this season. Their skaters average 21.5 hits and 13.2 blocked shots per game.
Avalanche Key Players
- Mikko Rantanen is one of Colorado’s leading contributors this season with 92 points. He has averaged 0.5 goals per game, shooting 14.2%.
- Nathan MacKinnon has 32 goals and 56 assists for Colorado to compile 88 total points (1.4 per game).
- With 87 points through 71 games (28 goals and 59 assists), Nazem Kadri has been an important part of Colorado’s offense this season.
- In 57 games played this season, Darcy Kuemper (37-12-4) has given up 138 goals.
- Avalanche Injuries: Andre Burakovsky: Day To Day (Undisclosed), Ryan Murray: Out (Hand/Wrist), Nazem Kadri: Out (Undisclosed), Samuel Girard: Out For Season (Sternum)
- The Lightning are seventh in the league in scoring (285 goals, 3.5 per game).
- The Lightning have one of the best defenses in the league, conceding 228 total goals (2.8 per game), sixth in the NHL.
- Their +57 goal differential is seventh-best in the league.
- With 63 power-play goals (on 260 chances), the Lightning are fourth-best in the NHL.
- The Lightning have the NHL’s seventh-best power-play percentage (24.2).
- The Lightning have seven shorthanded goals (12th in league).
- At 81.4, the Lightning have the ninth-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Lightning win 50.1% of faceoffs, 15th-ranked in the NHL.
- The Lightning’s 11.3% shooting percentage is third in the league.
- This season, the Lightning have not shut out an opponent.
Lightning Key Players
- Steven Stamkos has totaled 42 goals and 64 assists in 81 games for Tampa Bay, good for 106 points.
- Victor Hedman has scored 86 total points (1.0 per game) this campaign. He has 20 goals and 66 assists.
- Nikita Kucherov has earned 25 goals on the season, chipping in 44 assists.
- Andrei Vasilevskiy has a .916 save percentage (12th in the league), with 1712 total saves, allowing 156 goals (2.5 goals against average). He has compiled a 39-18-5 record this season.
- Lightning Injuries: Brayden Point: Day To Day (Undisclosed)