The Colorado Avalanche host the Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final, with the Avalanche up 3-1. Watch on Friday at 8:00 PM ET on ABC.
Avalanche vs. Lightning Game Info
- Game Day: Friday, June 24, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC (Regional restrictions may apply)
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Avalanche vs. Lightning for free with a trial to fuboTV!
Avalanche and Lightning Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Avalanche score the fourth-most goals in the league (308 total, 3.8 per game).
- The Avalanche have allowed 232 total goals (2.8 per game), ranking ninth in NHL action for the fewest goals against.
- Their goal differential (+76) makes them fourth-best in the league.
- The NHL-leading 67 power-play goals the Avalanche have put up this season have come on 278 power-play chances.
- The Avalanche rank eighth in the league with a 24.1% power-play conversion rate.
- The Avalanche have scored six shorthanded goals this season.
- The Avalanche’s 79.7% penalty-kill success rate ranks 15th in the league.
- The Avalanche win 47.3% of their faceoffs (28th in the NHL)
- The Avalanche shoot 10.7% as a team (sixth in the league).
- The Avalanche have not earned a shutout this season. Their skaters average 21.5 hits and 13.2 blocked shots per game.
Avalanche Key Players
- One of Colorado’s top offensive options this season is Mikko Rantanen, who has put up 92 points in 75 games.
- Having scored 32 goals and adding 56 assists, Nathan MacKinnon is excelling for Colorado through 65 games.
- On 247 shots (for 28 goals) and 59 assists, Nazem Kadri has contributed 87 points this season.
- In 57 games played this season, Darcy Kuemper (37-12-4) has given up 138 goals.
- Avalanche Injuries: Andre Burakovsky: Day To Day (Undisclosed), Ryan Murray: Out (Hand/Wrist), Samuel Girard: Out For Season (Sternum)
- With 285 goals (3.5 per game), the Lightning have the NHL’s seventh-best offense.
- The Lightning have one of the best defenses in the league, allowing 228 total goals (2.8 per game), sixth in the NHL.
- Their +57 goal differential is seventh-best in the league.
- With 63 power-play goals (on 260 chances), the Lightning are fourth-best in the NHL.
- The Lightning score on 24.2% of their power plays, No. 7 in the NHL.
- This season, the Lightning have seven shorthanded goals (12th in NHL).
- The Lightning’s have the ninth-best penalty kill percentage (81.4).
- The Lightning are 15th in faceoff win rate in the NHL (50.1%).
- The Lightning’s 11.3% shooting percentage is third in the league.
- This season, the Lightning have not shut out an opponent.
Lightning Key Players
- Steven Stamkos has recorded 42 goals and 64 assists in 81 games for Tampa Bay, good for 106 points.
- Victor Hedman has helped lead the attack for Tampa Bay this season with 20 goals and 66 assists.
- Nikita Kucherov has earned 25 goals on the season, adding 44 assists.
- Andrei Vasilevskiy has a 39-18-5 record this season, with a .916 save percentage (12th in the league). He has 1712 saves, and has allowed 156 goals (2.5 goals against average).
- Lightning Injuries: Brayden Point: Day To Day (Undisclosed)