Watch at 9:30 PM ET Thursday on ESPN when the Edmonton Oilers visit the Calgary Flames in Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs Second Round. The Oilers lead the series 3-1.
Flames vs. Oilers Game Info
- Game Day: Thursday, May 26, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Flames vs. Oilers for free with a 7-day trial to fuboTV!
Flames and Oilers Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Flames’ 291 total goals (3.6 per game) make them the sixth-best scoring team in the league.
- Defensively, the Flames have been one of the stingiest units in league play, giving up 206 total goals (2.5 per game) to rank third.
- They have the league’s second-best goal differential at +85.
- The 54 power-play goals the Flames have put up this season (on 237 power-play chances) are the 10th-most in the NHL.
- The Flames rank 10th in the league with a 22.8% power-play conversion rate.
- The Flames have scored seven shorthanded goals this season.
- The Flames have the league’s sixth-best penalty-kill percentage (83.2%).
- The Flames win 51.1% of their faceoffs (11th in the NHL)
- The Flames have a 10% shooting percentage as a team, which ranks 12th in the league.
- The Flames have not earned a shutout this season. Their skaters average 22.4 hits and 11.7 blocked shots per game.
Flames Key Players
- A leading offensive player this season for Calgary, Johnny Gaudreau has put up 115 points.
- Having scored 42 goals and adding 62 assists, Matthew Tkachuk is an important piece of the offense for Calgary through 82 games.
- On 235 shots (for 42 goals) and 40 assists, Elias Lindholm has contributed 82 points this season.
- As Calgary’s top goalie, Jacob Markstrom has recorded 37 wins and 15 losses this season while allowing 137 goals with 1617 saves.
- Flames Injuries: Sean Monahan: Out For Season (Hip), Tyler Parsons: Out For Season (Undisclosed)
- The Oilers are seventh in the NHL in scoring (285 goals, 3.5 per game).
- The Oilers have allowed 251 total goals this season (3.1 per game), 18th in the NHL.
- Their +34 goal differential is 11th in the league.
- With 60 power-play goals (on 235 chances), the Oilers are seventh-best in the NHL.
- The Oilers have the NHL’s third-best power-play percentage (25.5).
- In terms of shorthanded goals, the Oilers have 11.
- The Oilers’ have the 17th-ranked penalty kill percentage (79.4%).
- The Oilers win 51.2% of faceoffs, ninth-best in the NHL.
- With a shooting percentage of 10.2%, the Oilers are 11th in the league.
- The Oilers have not held their opponents scoreless yet this season.
Oilers Key Players
- Connor McDavid’s 44 goals and 79 assists in 80 games for Edmonton add up to 123 total points on the season.
- Leon Draisaitl has amassed 110 points this season, with 55 goals and 55 assists.
- Zach Hyman’s 27 goals and 27 assists add up to 54 points this season.
- Mikko Koskinen is 27-12-4 on the season, allowing 136 goals (3.1 goals against average) and compiling 1261 saves with a .903 save percentage (44th in the league).
- Oilers Injuries: Oscar Klefbom: Out (Shoulder)