The Washington Capitals are on the road for Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs First Round against the Florida Panthers, with the series tied up 2-2. Watch the game on Wednesday at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN.
Panthers vs. Capitals Game Info
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Panthers vs. Capitals for free with a 7-day trial to fuboTV!
Panthers and Capitals Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Panthers are the top-scoring team in the NHL with 337 total goals (4.1 per game on 7.0 assists per contest).
- Defensively, the Panthers are allowing 242 total goals (3.0 per game) to rank 12th in league action.
- Their goal differential (+95) leads the league.
- The 64 power-play goals the Panthers have put up this season (on 262 power-play chances) are the second-most in the NHL.
- The Panthers have the league’s fifth-best power-play conversion rate (24.4%).
- The 12 shorthanded goals the Panthers have scored this season rank second among NHL squads.
- The Panthers’ 79.5% penalty-kill success rate ranks 16th in the league.
- The Panthers have the 22nd-ranked faceoff win rate in the NHL, at 48.2%.
- The Panthers connect on 11.0% of their shots (fourth in the league).
- The Panthers are still looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 25.0 hits and 12.1 blocked shots per game.
Panthers Key Players
- One of Florida’s top offensive options this season is Jonathan Huberdeau, who has put up 115 points in 80 games.
- Aleksander Barkov Jr. is another of Florida’s major contributors currently with 88 total points (39 goals and 49 assists) to his name.
- On 186 shots (for 33 goals) and 51 assists, Sam Reinhart has recorded 84 points this season.
- In 54 games played this season, Sergei Bobrovsky (39-7-3) has given up 137 goals.
- Panthers Injuries: Markus Nutivaara: Out (Undisclosed), Jonas Johansson: Out (COVID-19)
- With 270 goals (3.3 per game), the Capitals have the NHL’s 10th-best offense.
- The Capitals give up 3.0 goals per game (242 in total), 12th in the league.
- They have the 12th-ranked goal differential in the league at +28.
- With 47 power-play goals (on 256 chances), the Capitals are 19th in the NHL.
- The Capitals score on 18.4% of their power plays, No. 24 in the NHL.
- The Capitals have eight shorthanded goals (ninth in league).
- The 80.4% penalty-kill percentage of the Capitals is 12th in the league.
- The Capitals win 47.1% of faceoffs, 30th-ranked in the NHL.
- The Capitals’ 10.5% shooting percentage is eighth in the league.
- The Capitals have not held their opponents scoreless yet this season.
Capitals Key Players
- Alex Ovechkin’s 91 points make him a pivotal offensive option for Washington. He has 50 goals and 41 assists in 77 games.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov is a leading scorer for Washington with 78 total points this season. He has scored 24 goals and added 54 assists in 79 games.
- John Carlson has netted 17 goals on the season, adding 54 assists.
- Ilya Samsonov has an .896 save percentage (58th in the league), with 1026 total saves, conceding 119 goals (3.0 goals against average). He has put together a 23-12-5 record this season.
- Capitals Injuries: Carl Hagelin: Out (Eye), Tom Wilson: Day To Day (Lower Body)