The Washington Capitals host the Florida Panthers at Capital One Arena in Game 6 of the NHL Playoffs First Round, with the Panthers leading 3-2 in the series. Watch on Friday at 7:30 PM ET on NBC Sports Networks.
Panthers vs. Capitals Game Info
- Game Day: Friday, May 13, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks (Regional restrictions may apply)
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Panthers vs. Capitals for free with a 7-day trial to fuboTV!
Panthers and Capitals Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Panthers are the highest-scoring team in the league with 337 total goals (4.1 per game on seven assists per contest).
- The Panthers have allowed 242 total goals (3.0 per game), ranking 12th in NHL play in goals against.
- Their +95 goal differential is tops in the league.
- The 64 power-play goals the Panthers have recorded this season (second-most in the NHL) have come on 262 power-play chances.
- The Panthers’ 24.4% power-play conversion rate ranks fifth-best in the league.
- The Panthers have scored 12 shorthanded goals this season.
- The Panthers’ 79.5% penalty-kill success rate ranks 16th in the league.
- The Panthers win 48.2% of their faceoffs (22nd in the NHL)
- The Panthers connect on 11% of their shots (fourth in the league).
- The Panthers have not earned a shutout this season. Their skaters average 25 hits and 12.1 blocked shots per game.
Panthers Key Players
- Jonathan Huberdeau has been important to Florida’s offense this season, racking up 115 points in 80 games.
- Having scored 39 goals and adding 49 assists, Aleksander Barkov Jr. is a top contributor for Florida through 67 games.
- Florida’s offensive effort is aided by Sam Reinhart’s 88 points. He’s contributed 51 assists.
- In the 54 games Sergei Bobrovsky has played this season, his save percentage is .912, 26th in the league.
- Panthers Injuries: Markus Nutivaara: Out (Undisclosed), Jonas Johansson: Out (COVID-19), Mason Marchment: Day To Day (Undisclosed)
- The Capitals’ 270 goals on the season (3.3 per game) rank them 10th in the NHL.
- The Capitals have given up 242 total goals this season (3.0 per game), 12th in the NHL.
- Their +28 goal differential is 12th in the league.
- The Capitals have 47 power-play goals (19th in NHL) on 256 chances.
- The Capitals’ power-play percentage (18.4) puts them 24th in the league.
- This season, the Capitals have eight shorthanded goals (ninth in NHL).
- The Capitals’ have the 12th-ranked penalty kill percentage (80.4%).
- The Capitals are 30th in faceoff win percentage in the NHL (47.1%).
- The Capitals’ 10.5% shooting percentage is eighth in the league.
- The Capitals have not held their opponents scoreless yet this season.
Capitals Key Players
- Alex Ovechkin’s 91 points make him a vital offensive option for Washington. He has 50 goals and 41 assists in 77 games.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov is a key piece of the offense for Washington with 78 total points this season. He has scored 24 goals and added 54 assists in 79 games.
- John Carlson is a key player on offense for Washington with 17 goals and 54 assists.
- Ilya Samsonov is 23-12-5 in 44 games this season, conceding 119 goals (3.0 goals against average) with 1026 saves and an .896 save percentage (57th in the league).
- Capitals Injuries: Carl Hagelin: Out (Eye), Tom Wilson: Day To Day (Lower Body)