The Chicago Cubs (41-63) will host the Miami Marlins (48-57), Friday at 2:20 PM ET, in the first of a three-game series. Justin Steele (4-7) is the starter for the Cubs, and Edward Cabrera (2-1) for the Marlins.
How to Live Stream Cubs vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Friday, August 5, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
- TV: MLB Network Canada
FREE MLB LIVE STREAM: Watch Cubs vs. Marlins for free with a trial to fuboTV!
Cubs and Marlins Stats
- The Cubs have an 8.7 K/9 this season as a pitching staff, which ranks 13th in the majors.
- The Cubs have pitched to a 4.41 this season, which ranks 25th in baseball.
- The Cubs have hit 102 homers this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- Fueled by 299 extra-base hits, the Cubs rank 14th in MLB with a .391 slugging percentage this season.
- The pitching staff for the Marlins has a collective 8.8 K/9, which ranks 11th in the majors.
- The Marlins’ 3.85 team ERA ranks 11th among all league pitching staffs.
- The Marlins rank 20th in MLB action with 98 total home runs.
- So far this year, the Marlins have the fourth-lowest slugging percentage in baseball (.374).
Cubs vs. Marlins Key Players
- Willson Contreras has been great at finding his way aboard for the Cubs this season, leading the squad with a .369 OBP and 83 hits.
- Ian Happ is batting .273 with 25 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 42 walks.
- Nico Hoerner paces the Cubs with a .292 batting average.
- Jesus Aguilar is batting .243 with 16 doubles, 13 home runs and 23 walks, while getting on base at a rate of .290.
- Miguel Rojas has 14 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 19 walks while batting .238.
- Garrett Cooper leads the Marlins with a team-best batting average of .278.
WATCH THE GAME: Watch Major League Baseball for free with a trial to fuboTV!
Cubs vs. Marlins Betting Odds and Trends
Cubs vs. Marlins Moneyline and Over/Under
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Cubs vs. Marlins Betting Trends
- The Cubs have won 12, or 41.4%, of the 29 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Chicago has entered 12 games this season favored by -141 or more and is 5-7 in those contests.
- So far this season, Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 48 of their 106 games with a total.
- The Marlins have been chosen as underdogs in 56 games this year and have walked away with the win 19 times (33.9%) in those games.
- Miami has a mark of 9-23 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +120 or worse on the moneyline.
- Miami and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 50 of their 105 opportunities.