The Pittsburgh Penguins host the New York Rangers at PPG Paints Arena for Game 4 of the NHL Playoffs First Round, with the Penguins ahead 2-1 in the series. Watch on Monday at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN.
Rangers vs. Penguins Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, May 9, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Rangers vs. Penguins for free with a 7-day trial to fuboTV!
Rangers and Penguins Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Rangers’ 250 total goals (3.0 per game) rank 15th in the league.
- The Rangers have allowed 204 total goals (only 2.5 per game), the second-fewest in league play.
- Their goal differential (+46) makes them 10th-best in the league.
- The 55 power-play goals the Rangers have scored this season are ninth-best in the NHL (on 218 power-play chances).
- The Rangers’ 25.2% power-play conversion rate is fourth-best in the league.
- The Rangers have capitalized with eight shorthanded goals this season (ninth among NHL squads).
- The Rangers’ 82.3% penalty-kill success rate is seventh-best in the league.
- The Rangers win 48% of their faceoffs to rank 24th in the NHL.
- The Rangers connect on 10.5% of their shots (eighth in the league).
- The Rangers have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 25.5 hits and 14.2 blocked shots per game.
Rangers Key Players
- Artemi Panarin has been imperative to New York’s offense this season, putting up 96 points in 75 games.
- With 30 goals and 52 assists, Mika Zibanejad is one of the most important offensive options for New York with his 82 points (1.0 per game).
- With 77 points through 81 games (52 goals and 25 assists), Chris Kreider has been an important part of New York’s offensive attack this season.
- As New York’s top goalie, Igor Shesterkin has recorded 36 wins and 13 losses this season while allowing 106 goals with 1516 saves.
- Rangers Injuries: Barclay Goodrow: Out (Lower Body), Keith Kinkaid: Day To Day (Upper Body), Sammy Blais: Out For Season (Lower body), Tyler Motte: Out (Upper Body), Ryan Lindgren: Day To Day (Lower Body)
- The Penguins have 269 goals this season (3.3 per game), 11th in the NHL.
- The Penguins’ total of 222 goals allowed (2.7 per game) is fourth in the league.
- Their +47 goal differential is ninth-best in the league.
- The Penguins have 50 power-play goals (15th in NHL) on 248 chances.
- The Penguins’ power-play percentage (20.2) puts them 19th in the league.
- This season, the Penguins have three shorthanded goals (28th in league).
- The 84.4% penalty-kill percentage of the Penguins is third in the NHL.
- The Penguins win 51.1% of faceoffs, 11th-ranked in the NHL.
- The Penguins’ 9.4% shooting percentage is 19th in the league.
- This season, the Penguins have not shut out an opponent.
Penguins Key Players
- Sidney Crosby’s 84 points make him a vital offensive option for Pittsburgh. He has put up 31 goals and 53 assists in 69 games.
- Jake Guentzel has helped lead the offense for Pittsburgh this season with 40 goals and 44 assists.
- Kris Letang’s 10 goals and 58 assists add up to 68 points this season.
- Tristan Jarry has a 34-18-6 record this season, with a .919 save percentage (17th in the league). He has 1573 saves, and has conceded 138 goals (2.4 goals against average).
- Penguins Injuries: Tristan Jarry: Out (Foot), Rickard Rakell: Day To Day (Head), Brian Dumoulin: Day To Day (Undisclosed), Casey DeSmith: Out For Season (Core)