The Tampa Bay Lightning host the New York Rangers for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Semifinals, with the Rangers ahead in the series 2-0. Watch on Sunday at 3:00 PM ET on ESPN.
Lightning vs. Rangers Game Info
- Game Day: Sunday, June 5, 2022
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Lightning vs. Rangers on fuboTV!
Lightning and Rangers Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Lightning’s 285 total goals (3.5 per game) rank seventh in the NHL.
- Defensively, the Lightning are one of the stingiest squads in NHL play, conceding 228 total goals (2.8 per game) to rank sixth.
- They have the league’s seventh-best goal differential at +57.
- The 63 power-play goals the Lightning have scored this season (on 260 power-play chances) are the fourth-most in the NHL.
- The Lightning rank seventh in the league with a 24.2% power-play conversion rate.
- The Lightning have scored seven shorthanded goals this season.
- The Lightning have the league’s ninth-best penalty-kill percentage (81.4%).
- The Lightning have the 15th-ranked faceoff win percentage in the NHL, at 50.1%.
- The Lightning shoot 11.3% as a team (third in the league).
- The Lightning are looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 25.9 hits and 12.7 blocked shots per game.
Lightning Key Players
- One of Tampa Bay’s top offensive players this season is Steven Stamkos, who has put up 106 points in 81 games.
- Victor Hedman is another of Tampa Bay’s major contributors currently with 86 total points (20 goals and 66 assists) to his name.
- Through 47 games, Nikita Kucherov has proven himself as an important offensive option for Tampa Bay. He has 69 points (25 goals and 44 assists).
- In 63 games played this season, Andrei Vasilevskiy (39-18-5) has given up 156 goals.
- Lightning Injuries: Brayden Point: Out (Leg)
- The Rangers’ 250 goals on the season (3.0 per game) rank them 15th in the league.
- The Rangers have one of the top defenses in the league, conceding 204 total goals (just 2.5 per game), second in the NHL.
- They have the 10th-best goal differential in the league at +46.
- The Rangers have 55 power-play goals (ninth-most in NHL) on 218 chances.
- The Rangers score on 25.2% of their power plays, No. 4 in the league.
- The Rangers have eight shorthanded goals (ninth in league).
- At 82.3, the Rangers have the seventh-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Rangers are 24th in faceoff win rate in the NHL (48%).
- The Rangers’ 10.5% shooting percentage is eighth in the league.
- This season, the Rangers have not shut out an opponent.
Rangers Key Players
- Artemi Panarin’s 96 points make him a vital offensive option for New York. He has 22 goals and 74 assists in 75 games.
- Mika Zibanejad has posted 82 total points (one per game) this campaign. He has 30 goals and 52 assists.
- Chris Kreider has 77 points so far, including 52 goals and 25 assists.
- Igor Shesterkin has a 36-13-4 record this season, with a .935 save percentage (first in the league). He has 1516 saves, and has given up 106 goals (2.1 goals against average).
- Rangers Injuries: Barclay Goodrow: Out (Lower Body), Sammy Blais: Out For Season (Lower body)