The Boston Red Sox (57-59) will visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (45-70), Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET, in the first of a three-game series. On the hill for the Red Sox will be Nick Pivetta (8-9), opposed by the Pirates’ Mitch Keller (4-8).
How to Live Stream Red Sox vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
- TV: NESN (Regional restrictions may apply)
FREE MLB LIVE STREAM: Watch Red Sox vs. Pirates for free with a trial to fuboTV!
Red Sox and Pirates Stats
- The Red Sox strike out 8.5 batters per nine innings as a pitching staff, 16th in MLB.
- The Red Sox have the 25th-ranked ERA (4.35) in the majors this season.
- The Red Sox’s 112 home runs rank 19th in Major League Baseball.
- The offense for the Red Sox has a slugging percentage of .408 this season, 11th in MLB.
- The pitching staff for the Pirates has a collective 7.8 K/9, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Pirates have a 4.63 team ERA that ranks 26th across all league pitching staffs.
- The Pirates are 17th in MLB action with 114 home runs. They average one per game.
- This season, the Pirates’ .363 slugging percentage is the third-lowest average in baseball.
Red Sox vs. Pirates Key Players
- Not only does Rafael Devers lead the Red Sox in hitting with his .305 average, he also is their premier power option with 25 home runs and 62 RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has 31 doubles, nine home runs and 42 walks while hitting .303.
- Alex Verdugo has 29 doubles, seven home runs and 27 walks while hitting .275.
- Bryan Reynolds leads the squad with a batting average of .259, while pacing the Pirates in home runs, with 17 and runs batted in with 40.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is hitting .251 with 18 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 39 walks.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .236 with 16 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 34 walks.
WATCH THE GAME: Watch Major League Baseball for free with a trial to fuboTV!
Red Sox vs. Pirates Betting Odds and Trends
Red Sox vs. Pirates Moneyline and Over/Under
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Red Sox vs. Pirates Betting Trends
- The Red Sox have entered the game as favorites 58 times this season and won 33, or 56.9%, of those games.
- This season, Boston has won 18 of its 36 games, or 50%, when favored by at least -130 on the moneyline.
- Games involving Boston have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 51 of 116 chances this season.
- The Pirates have come away with 36 wins in the 99 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Pittsburgh has been victorious 30 times in 88 chances when named as an underdog of at least +110 or worse on the moneyline.
- Contests with Pittsburgh have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 51 of 116 chances this season.