The New York Rangers host the Tampa Bay Lightning at Madison Square Garden for Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Semifinals, with the Rangers ahead 1-0 in the series. Watch on Friday at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN.
Lightning vs. Rangers Game Info
- Game Day: Friday, June 3, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Lightning vs. Rangers for free with a 7-day trial to fuboTV!
Lightning and Rangers Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Lightning’s 285 total goals (3.5 per game) rank seventh in the NHL.
- The Lightning have allowed 228 total goals (2.8 per game), ranking sixth in NHL action for the fewest goals against.
- They have the league’s seventh-best goal differential at +57.
- The 63 power-play goals the Lightning have scored this season (on 260 power-play chances) are the fourth-most in the NHL.
- The Lightning have the league’s seventh-best power-play conversion rate (24.2%).
- The Lightning have recorded seven shorthanded goals this season (12th among NHL squads).
- The Lightning’s 81.4% penalty-kill success rate is ninth-best in the league.
- The Lightning win 50.1% of their faceoffs (15th in the NHL)
- The Lightning shoot 11.3% as a team (third in the league).
- The Lightning have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 25.9 hits and 12.7 blocked shots per game.
Lightning Key Players
- Steven Stamkos has been imperative to Tampa Bay’s offense this season, racking up 106 points in 81 games.
- Victor Hedman has 20 goals and 66 assists for Tampa Bay to compile 86 total points (1.0 per game).
- With 69 points through 47 games (25 goals and 44 assists), Nikita Kucherov has been an important part of Tampa Bay’s offense this season.
- Across 63 games played, Andrei Vasilevskiy has a goaltending record of 39-18-5. During those games, he’s allowed 156 goals while recording 1712 saves.
- Lightning Injuries: Brayden Point: Out (Leg)
- The Rangers’ 250 goals on the season (3.0 per game) rank them 15th in the NHL.
- The Rangers have one of the best defenses in the NHL, allowing 204 total goals (only 2.5 per game), second in the NHL.
- They have the 10th-best goal differential in the league at +46.
- The Rangers have 55 power-play goals (ninth-most in NHL) on 218 chances.
- The Rangers have the league’s fourth-best power-play percentage (25.2).
- In terms of shorthanded goals, the Rangers have eight.
- At 82.3, the Rangers have the seventh-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- At 48%, the Rangers have the NHL’s 24th-ranked faceoff win rate.
- The Rangers’ 10.5% shooting percentage is eighth in the league.
- The Rangers have not held their opponents scoreless yet this season.
Rangers Key Players
- Artemi Panarin’s 22 goals and 74 assists in 75 games for New York add up to 96 total points on the season.
- Mika Zibanejad has racked up 82 points this season, with 30 goals and 52 assists.
- Chris Kreider has earned 52 goals on the season, adding 25 assists.
- Igor Shesterkin is 36-13-4 this season, amassing 1516 saves and giving up 106 goals (2.1 goals against average) with a .935 save percentage (first in the league).
- Rangers Injuries: Barclay Goodrow: Out (Lower Body), Sammy Blais: Out For Season (Lower body)