Tune in for Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs First Round on Tuesday at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN when the Tampa Bay Lightning visit the Toronto Maple Leafs. The teams are tied 2-2 in the series.
Maple Leafs vs. Lightning Game Info
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Maple Leafs vs. Lightning for free with a 7-day trial to fuboTV!
Maple Leafs and Lightning Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
Maple Leafs Insights
- The Maple Leafs’ 312 total goals (3.8 per game) make them the second-best scoring team in the league.
- The Maple Leafs rank 19th in goals against, conceding 252 total goals (3.1 per game) in NHL play.
- Their goal differential (+60) makes them sixth-best in the league.
- The 63 power-play goals the Maple Leafs have scored this season (on 231 power-play chances) are the fourth-most in the NHL.
- The Maple Leafs lead the league with a 27.3% power-play conversion rate.
- The Maple Leafs have scored 13 shorthanded goals this season to lead the NHL.
- The Maple Leafs have the league’s eighth-best penalty-kill percentage (81.7%).
- The Maple Leafs have the best faceoff win percentage in the NHL, at 55.1%.
- The Maple Leafs have an 11% shooting percentage as a team, which ranks fourth in the league.
- The Maple Leafs are still looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 21.3 hits and 11.9 blocked shots per game.
Maple Leafs Key Players
- Auston Matthews has been critical to Toronto’s offense this season, racking up 106 points in 73 games.
- Mitchell Marner has 35 goals and 62 assists for Toronto to compile 97 total points (1.3 per game).
- Toronto’s scoring effort is aided by William Nylander’s 97 points. He’s contributed 46 assists.
- In 49 games played this season, Jack Campbell (31-9-6) has allowed 123 goals.
Maple Leafs Injuries
- Maple Leafs Injuries: Rasmus Sandin: Out (Undisclosed), Petr Mrazek: Out (Groin)
- With 285 goals (3.5 per game), the Lightning have the league’s seventh-best offense.
- The Lightning have one of the top defenses in the league, allowing 228 total goals (2.8 per game), sixth in the league.
- With a goal differential of +57, they are seventh-best in the league.
- The Lightning have 63 power-play goals (on 260 chances), fourth in the NHL.
- The Lightning have the league’s seventh-best power-play percentage (24.2).
- The Lightning have seven shorthanded goals (12th in NHL).
- At 81.4, the Lightning have the ninth-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Lightning are 15th in faceoff win percentage in the NHL (50.1%).
- The 11.3% shooting percentage of the Lightning is third in the league.
- The Lightning have not held their opponents scoreless yet this season.
Lightning Key Players
- Steven Stamkos has scored 42 goals (0.5 per game) and put up 64 assists (0.8 per game), contributing to the Tampa Bay offense with 106 total points (1.3 per game). He averages 3.0 shots per game, shooting 17.4%.
- Victor Hedman has helped lead the attack for Tampa Bay this season with 20 goals and 66 assists.
- Nikita Kucherov has 69 points so far, including 25 goals and 44 assists.
- Andrei Vasilevskiy is 39-18-5 on the season, allowing 156 goals (2.5 goals against average) and compiling 1712 saves with a .916 save percentage (22nd in the league).
- Lightning Injuries: None