The New York Islanders visit the Carolina Hurricanes at PNC Arena in Game 4 of the NHL Playoffs First Round, with the Hurricanes up 2-1 in the series. Watch on Tuesday at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN.
Hurricanes vs. Islanders Game Info
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 25, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Hurricanes vs. Islanders for free with a trial to Fubo!
Hurricanes and Islanders Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Hurricanes’ 262 total goals (3.2 per game) make them the 15th-ranked scoring team in the league.
- Defensively, the Hurricanes are one of the stingiest squads in league play, allowing 210 total goals (2.6 per game) to rank second.
- Their goal differential (+52) makes them seventh-best in the league.
- The 50 power-play goals the Hurricanes have put up this season (to rank 18th in the NHL) have come on 253 power-play chances.
- The Hurricanes have the league’s 19th-ranked power-play conversion rate (19.8%).
- The Hurricanes have capitalized with 11 shorthanded goals this season (fourth among NHL teams).
- The Hurricanes’ 84.4% penalty-kill success rate is second-best in the league.
- The Hurricanes win 52.8% of their faceoffs to rank fifth in the NHL.
- The Hurricanes make 9.2% of their shots (26th in the league).
- The Hurricanes are looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 16.5 hits and 10.2 blocked shots per game.
Hurricanes Key Players
- One of Carolina’s top offensive players this season is Martin Necas, who has put up 71 points in 82 games.
- Sebastian Aho has 68 points (36 goals, 32 assists) to add to the team’s scoring efforts.
- Brent Burns has contributed 60 points for Carolina in 82 games this season, scoring on 7.1% of his shots and putting up 18 goals and 42 assists.
- In 34 games played this season, Frederik Andersen (21-11-1) has given up 82 goals.
Hurricanes Injuries: Frederik Andersen: Day To Day (Illness), Ondrej Kase: Out (Concussion), Jake Gardiner: Out (Hip/Back), Max Pacioretty: Out (Achilles), Teuvo Teravainen: Out (Hand), Andrei Svechnikov: Out For Season (Knee)
- The Islanders have 242 goals this season (3.0 per game), 22nd in the NHL.
- The Islanders’ total of 217 goals conceded (2.6 per game) is fifth in the league.
- They have the 12th-ranked goal differential in the league at +25.
- The Islanders have 34 power-play goals (32nd in NHL) on 222 chances.
- The Islanders’ power-play percentage (15.3) puts them 32nd in the league.
- This season, the Islanders have seven shorthanded goals (16th in NHL).
- At 82.2, the Islanders have the ninth-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Islanders are 10th in faceoff win percentage in the NHL (51.7%).
- The Islanders’ 9.6% shooting percentage is 20th in the league.
- This season, the Islanders have not shut out an opponent.
Islanders Key Players
- Brock Nelson has totaled 36 goals and 39 assists in 82 games for New York, good for 75 points.
- Bo Horvat is a leading scorer for New York with 70 total points this season. He has scored 38 goals and added 32 assists in 79 games.
- Mathew Barzal has 51 points so far, including 14 goals and 37 assists.
- Ilya Sorokin has a 31-22-7 record this season, with a .924 save percentage (third-best in the league). He has 1698 saves, and has given up 140 goals (2.3 goals against average).
Islanders Injuries: Oliver Wahlstrom: Out For Season (Lower Body)