Tune in to ESPN as the Carolina Hurricanes take on the New York Islanders on Tuesday for Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at 7:00 PM ET. The Hurricanes are up 3-1.
Hurricanes vs. Islanders Game Info
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 25, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Hurricanes vs. Islanders for free with a trial to Fubo!
Hurricanes and Islanders Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Hurricanes rank 15th in the NHL with 262 goals scored (3.2 per game).
- The Hurricanes have conceded 210 total goals (2.6 per game), ranking second in NHL play for the fewest goals against.
- They have the league’s seventh-best goal differential at +52.
- The 50 power-play goals the Hurricanes have put up this season (on 253 power-play chances) rank 18th in the NHL.
- The Hurricanes have the league’s 19th-ranked power-play conversion rate (19.8%).
- The 11 shorthanded goals the Hurricanes have scored this season rank fourth among NHL teams.
- The Hurricanes kill 84.4% of opponent power plays, the second-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Hurricanes win 52.8% of their faceoffs to rank fifth in the NHL.
- The Hurricanes make 9.2% of their shots (26th in the league).
- The Hurricanes have not earned a shutout this season. Their skaters average 16.5 hits and 10.2 blocked shots per game.
Hurricanes Key Players
- Martin Necas has been critical to Carolina’s offense this season, racking up 71 points in 82 games.
- Having scored 36 goals and adding 32 assists, Sebastian Aho is an important piece of the offense for Carolina through 75 games.
- Brent Burns has contributed 60 points for Carolina in 82 games this season, scoring on 7.1% of his shots and recording 18 goals and 42 assists.
- In the 34 games Frederik Andersen has played this season, his save percentage is .903, 26th in the league.
Hurricanes Injuries: Frederik Andersen: Day To Day (Illness), Ondrej Kase: Out (Concussion), Jake Gardiner: Out (Hip/Back), Max Pacioretty: Out (Achilles), Teuvo Teravainen: Out (Hand), Andrei Svechnikov: Out For Season (Knee)
- The Islanders have 242 goals this season (3.0 per game), 22nd in the league.
- The Islanders’ total of 217 goals given up (2.6 per game) is fifth in the league.
- Their +25 goal differential is 12th in the league.
- With 34 power-play goals (on 222 chances), the Islanders are 32nd in the NHL.
- The Islanders have the league’s 32nd-ranked power-play percentage (15.3).
- The Islanders have seven shorthanded goals (16th in league).
- The 82.2% penalty-kill percentage of the Islanders is ninth in the league.
- The Islanders win 51.7% of faceoffs, 10th-best in the NHL.
- The Islanders’ 9.6% shooting percentage is 20th in the league.
- This season, the Islanders have not shut out an opponent.
Islanders Key Players
- Brock Nelson’s 36 goals and 39 assists in 82 games for New York add up to 75 total points on the season.
- Bo Horvat is a key piece of the offense for New York with 70 total points this season. He has scored 38 goals and added 32 assists in 79 games.
- Mathew Barzal has 51 points so far, including 14 goals and 37 assists.
- Ilya Sorokin has a 31-22-7 record this season, with a .924 save percentage (third-best in the league). He has 1698 saves, and has given up 140 goals (2.3 goals against average).
Islanders Injuries: Oliver Wahlstrom: Out For Season (Lower Body)