On Thursday, the Chicago Cubs (79-73) are hosting the Pittsburgh Pirates (71-81), at 7:40 PM ET, in the final game of a three-game series. On the hill for the Cubs will be Kyle Hendricks (6-7), opposed by the Pirates’ Johan Oviedo (8-14).
How to Live Stream Cubs vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
- TV: Marquee Sports Network
FREE MLB LIVE STREAM: Watch Cubs vs. Pirates for free with a trial to Fubo!
Cubs and Pirates Stats
- The Cubs average the 18th-most strikeouts per nine innings (8.6) in the league this season.
- The Cubs have pitched to a 4.17 ERA this season, which ranks 15th in baseball.
- The Cubs rank 14th in Major League Baseball with 184 home runs.
- Hitters for Chicago have combined for a team rank of 11th in the majors with a .421 team slugging percentage.
- The Pirates pitching staff is 18th in MLB with a collective 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Pittsburgh has a 4.57 team ERA that ranks 21st among all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Pirates have hit 150 home runs this season, the fourth-lowest total in baseball.
- So far this season, Pittsburgh ranks 24th in baseball with a .390 slugging percentage.
Cubs vs. Pirates Key Players
- Cody Bellinger leads the Cubs in home runs (26), runs batted in (94) and has accumulated a team-high batting average of .310.
- Nico Hoerner has 26 doubles, four triples, nine home runs and 45 walks while hitting .286.
- Ian Happ has 33 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 94 walks while batting .248.
- Bryan Reynolds has put up a team-leading 78 runs batted in.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .276 to lead the lineup.
- Jack Suwinski leads the Pirates with 25 long balls.
WATCH THE GAME: Watch Major League Baseball for free with a trial to Fubo!
Cubs vs. Pirates Betting Odds and Trends
Cubs vs. Pirates Moneyline and Over/Under
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Cubs vs. Pirates Betting Trends
- This season, the Cubs have been favored 88 times and won 50, or 56.8%, of those games.
- The Cubs are 8-9 this season when entering a game favored by -169 or more on the moneyline.
- The Cubs and their opponents have hit the over in 75 of their 152 games with a total this season.
- The Pirates have been victorious in 52, or 43%, of the 121 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, the Pirates have come away with a win 21 times in 43 chances when named as an underdog of at least +142 or longer on the moneyline.
- Pirates games have gone over the total in 82 of their 152 opportunities.