The Tampa Bay Rays (39-18) and Chicago Cubs (24-30) will battle on Wednesday at Wrigley Field, with first pitch at 2:20 PM ET. On the mound for the Rays will be Zach Eflin (7-1), opposed by the Cubs’ Justin Steele (6-2).
How to Live Stream Rays vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
- TV: Marquee Sports Network
FREE MLB LIVE STREAM: Watch Rays vs. Cubs for free with a trial to Fubo!
Rays and Cubs Stats
- The Rays average the 18th-most strikeouts per nine innings (8.5) in the league this season.
- The Rays have the fifth-best ERA (3.71) in the majors this season.
- The Rays have hit 101 homers to lead Major League Baseball this season.
- No MLB team has a better slugging percentage than Tampa Bay (.489) this season.
- The pitching staff for the Cubs has a collective 8.5 K/9, which ranks 18th in the majors.
- Chicago’s 4.17 team ERA ranks 14th among all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Cubs average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 10th in MLB action with 66 total home runs .
- So far this season, Chicago ranks 13th in the majors with a .415 slugging percentage.
Rays vs. Cubs Key Players
- Wander Franco has 15 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 21 walks while hitting .298.
- Yandy Diaz has put his power on display as he paces his team with 12 home runs with a team-leading .320 batting average.
- Randy Arozarena has a team-best 40 runs batted in.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .284 with eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and 13 walks.
- Dansby Swanson has 12 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 31 walks while batting .271.
- Ian Happ is hitting .279 with 15 doubles, four home runs and 38 walks.
WATCH THE GAME: Watch Major League Baseball for free with a trial to Fubo!
Rays vs. Cubs Betting Odds and Trends
Rays vs. Cubs Moneyline and Over/Under
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Rays vs. Cubs Betting Trends
- The Rays have entered the game as favorites 50 times this season and won 35, or 70%, of those games.
- The Rays have a record of 30-7 in games when oddsmakers favor them by at least -136 on the moneyline.
- The Rays and their opponents have gone over the total this season in 34 of 57 opportunities.
- The Cubs have been victorious in 11, or 42.3%, of the 26 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, the Cubs have won eight of 16 games when listed as at least +116 or worse on the moneyline.
- Cubs games have gone over the total in 29 of their 54 opportunities.