The Seattle Kraken visit the Colorado Avalanche at Ball Arena for Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs First Round, with the series tied up 2-2. Watch on Wednesday at 9:30 PM ET on ESPN.
Avalanche vs. Kraken Game Info
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 26, 2023
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Avalanche vs. Kraken for free with a trial to Fubo!
Avalanche and Kraken Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Avalanche’s 274 total goals (3.3 per game) make them the 10th-best scoring team in the league.
- The Avalanche have conceded 223 total goals (2.7 per game), the ninth-fewest in league action.
- Their goal differential (+51) makes them eighth-best in the league.
- The 64 power-play goals the Avalanche have recorded this season (on 261 power-play chances) are the fifth-most in the NHL.
- The Avalanche rank sixth in the league with a 24.5% power-play conversion rate.
- The Avalanche have scored six shorthanded goals this season (22nd among NHL teams).
- The Avalanche kill 79.0% of opponent power plays, the 17th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Avalanche win 46.7% of their faceoffs to rank 27th in the NHL.
- The Avalanche shoot 10.1% as a team (17th in the league).
- The Avalanche have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 19.7 hits and 13.6 blocked shots per game.
Avalanche Key Players
- Nathan MacKinnon has been important to Colorado’s offense this season, recording 111 points in 71 games.
- Having scored 55 goals and adding 50 assists, Mikko Rantanen is an important piece of the offense for Colorado through 82 games.
- Cale Makar has created 66 points for Colorado in 60 games this season, scoring on 9.7% of his shots and recording 17 goals and 49 assists.
- Across 62 games played, Alexandar Georgiev has a goaltending record of 40-16-6. During those games, he’s allowed 155 goals while recording 1748 saves.
Avalanche Injuries: Jack Johnson: Day To Day (Lower Body), Darren Helm: Day To Day (Undisclosed), Valeri Nichushkin: Day To Day (Personal), Pavel Francouz: Out (Lower Body), Gabriel Landeskog: Out (Knee)
- The Kraken’s 289 goals on the season (3.5 per game) rank them fourth in the NHL.
- The Kraken’s total of 252 goals allowed (3.1 per game) is 14th in the league.
- They have the 10th-best goal differential in the league at +37.
- The Kraken have 48 power-play goals (21st in NHL) on 245 chances.
- The Kraken’s power-play percentage (19.6) ranks them 21st in the league.
- In terms of shorthanded goals, the Kraken have six.
- The 76.7% penalty-kill percentage of the Kraken is 21st in the league.
- At 45.3%, the Kraken have the league’s 31st-ranked faceoff win rate.
- The Kraken’s 11.6% shooting percentage is second in the league.
- The Kraken have not held their opponents scoreless yet this season.
Kraken Key Players
- Jared McCann’s 70 points make him a vital offensive option for Seattle. He has 40 goals and 30 assists in 79 games.
- Vince Dunn is one of the top contributors for Seattle with 64 total points (0.8 per game), with 14 goals and 50 assists in 81 games.
- Jordan Eberle’s 20 goals and 43 assists add up to 63 points this season.
- Martin Jones has an .886 save percentage (46th in the league), with 1014 total saves, giving up 131 goals (3.0 goals against average). He has put up a 27-13-3 record this season.
Kraken Injuries: Joonas Donskoi: Out (Upper-body), John Hayden: Out For Season (Lower Body), Andre Burakovsky: Out (Lower-body)