The Carolina Hurricanes visit the New Jersey Devils at Prudential Center for Game 4 of the NHL Playoffs Second Round, with the Hurricanes up 2-1 in the series. Watch on Tuesday at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN.
Devils vs. Hurricanes Game Info
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 9, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Devils vs. Hurricanes for free with a trial to Fubo!
Devils and Hurricanes Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Devils score the fourth-most goals in the NHL (289 total, 3.5 per game).
- Defensively, the Devils are one of the stingiest squads in league action, conceding 222 total goals (2.7 per game) to rank eighth.
- They have the league’s third-best goal differential at +67.
- The 49 power-play goals the Devils have recorded this season rank 20th in the NHL (on 224 power-play chances).
- The Devils have the league’s 13th-ranked power-play conversion rate (21.9%).
- The nine shorthanded goals the Devils have scored this season rank eighth among NHL teams.
- The Devils kill 82.6% of opponent power plays, the fourth-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Devils win 51.3% of their faceoffs to rank 13th in the NHL.
- The Devils have a 10.2% shooting percentage as a team, which ranks 15th in the league.
- The Devils have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 16.7 hits and 14.9 blocked shots per game.
Devils Key Players
- One of New Jersey’s top offensive options this season is Jack Hughes, who has recorded 99 points in 78 games.
- With 31 goals and 49 assists, Nico Hischier is one of the most important offensive options for New Jersey with his 80 points (one per game).
- Dougie Hamilton has contributed 75 points for New Jersey in 82 games this season, scoring on 8% of his shots and putting up 22 goals and 53 assists.
- In 52 games played this season, Vitek Vanecek (33-11-4) has given up 119 goals.
Devils Injuries: Jonathan Bernier: Out (Hip)
- The Hurricanes’ 262 goals on the season (3.2 per game) rank them 15th in the league.
- The Hurricanes give up 2.6 goals per game (210 in total), the second-fewest in the league.
- With a goal differential of +52, they are seventh-best in the league.
- The Hurricanes have 50 power-play goals (on 253 chances), 18th in the NHL.
- The Hurricanes’ power-play percentage (19.8) puts them 19th in the league.
- In terms of shorthanded goals, the Hurricanes have 11.
- The Hurricanes’ have the second-best penalty kill percentage (84.4).
- The Hurricanes win 52.8% of faceoffs, fifth-best in the NHL.
- With a shooting percentage of 9.2%, the Hurricanes are 26th in the league.
- The Hurricanes have not shut out an opponent yet. They average 16.5 hits and 10.2 blocked shots per game.
Hurricanes Key Players
- Martin Necas has scored 28 goals (0.3 per game) and collected 43 assists (0.5 per game), contributing to the Carolina offense with 71 total points (0.9 per game). He averages 2.9 shots per game, shooting 11.7%.
- Sebastian Aho is one of the top contributors for Carolina with 68 total points (0.9 per game), with 36 goals and 32 assists in 75 games.
- Brent Burns has posted 18 goals on the season, chipping in 42 assists.
- Frederik Andersen has a .903 save percentage (24th in the league), with 766 total saves, giving up 82 goals (2.5 goals against average). He has put up a 21-11-1 record this season.
Hurricanes Injuries: Ondrej Kase: Out (Concussion), Jake Gardiner: Out (Hip/Back), Max Pacioretty: Out (Achilles), Teuvo Teravainen: Out (Hand), Antti Raanta: Day To Day (Illness), Andrei Svechnikov: Out For Season (Knee)