Watch on Monday when the New Jersey Devils host the New York Rangers on for Game 7 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN. The series is tied 3-3.
Devils vs. Rangers Game Info
- Game Day: Monday, May 1, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Devils vs. Rangers for free with a trial to Fubo!
Devils and Rangers Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Devils score the fourth-most goals in the NHL (289 total, 3.5 per game).
- Defensively, the Devils are one of the stingiest squads in league action, conceding 222 total goals (2.7 per game) to rank eighth.
- Their goal differential (+67) makes them third-best in the league.
- The 49 power-play goals the Devils have scored this season (to rank 20th in the NHL) have come on 224 power-play chances.
- The Devils have the league’s 13th-ranked power-play conversion rate (21.9%).
- The Devils have scored nine shorthanded goals this season.
- The Devils have the league’s fourth-best penalty-kill percentage (82.6%).
- The Devils have the 13th-ranked faceoff win rate in the NHL, at 51.3%.
- The Devils connect on 10.2% of their shots (15th in the league).
- The Devils have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 16.7 hits and 14.9 blocked shots per game.
Devils Key Players
- Jack Hughes is one of New Jersey’s top contributors this season with 99 points. He has averaged 0.6 goals per game, shooting 12.8%.
- Nico Hischier has 31 goals and 49 assists for New Jersey to compile 80 total points (one per game).
- Dougie Hamilton has created 75 points for New Jersey in 82 games this season, netting a goal on 8% of his shots and putting up 22 goals and 53 assists.
- Across 52 games played, Vitek Vanecek has a goaltending record of 33-11-4. During those games, he’s allowed 119 goals while recording 1214 saves.
Devils Injuries: Jonathan Bernier: Out (Hip)
- The Rangers have 273 goals this season (3.3 per game), 12th in the league.
- The Rangers concede 2.6 goals per game (216 in total), the fourth-fewest in the league.
- With a goal differential of +57, they are sixth-best in the league.
- The Rangers have 59 power-play goals (on 245 chances), 13th in the NHL.
- The Rangers have the league’s seventh-best power-play percentage (24.1).
- This season, the Rangers have eight shorthanded goals (11th in NHL).
- The 80.7% penalty-kill percentage of the Rangers is 13th in the NHL.
- The Rangers are 19th in faceoff win percentage in the NHL (49.1%).
- With a shooting percentage of 10.6%, the Rangers are ninth in the league.
- The Rangers have not held their opponents scoreless yet this season.
Rangers Key Players
- Artemi Panarin’s 92 points make him a pivotal offensive option for New York. He has recorded 29 goals and 63 assists in 82 games.
- Mika Zibanejad has posted 91 total points (1.1 per game) this season. He has 39 goals and 52 assists.
- New York’s Adam Fox is among the leaders on the team with 71 total points (12 goals and 59 assists).
- Igor Shesterkin has a 37-13-8 record this season, with a .916 save percentage (10th-best in the league). He has 1575 saves, and has conceded 144 goals (2.5 goals against average).
Rangers Injuries: None