Tune in at 7:00 PM ET Saturday on Bally Sports when the Tampa Bay Lightning host the Toronto Maple Leafs for Game 3 of the NHL Playoffs First Round. The series is tied 1-1.
Maple Leafs vs. Lightning Game Info
- Game Day: Saturday, April 22, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Bally Sports (Regional restrictions may apply)
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Maple Leafs vs. Lightning for free with a trial to Fubo!
Maple Leafs and Lightning Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
Maple Leafs Insights
- The Maple Leafs score the ninth-most goals in the league (278 total, 3.4 per game).
- The Maple Leafs have allowed 220 total goals (2.7 per game), the seventh-fewest in league action.
- Their +58 goal differential is fifth-best in the league.
- The 63 power-play goals the Maple Leafs have scored this season (on 246 power-play chances) are the seventh-most in the NHL.
- The Maple Leafs’ 25.6% power-play conversion rate ranks second-best in the league.
- The Maple Leafs have capitalized with eight shorthanded goals this season (11th among NHL teams).
- The Maple Leafs have the league’s 11th-ranked penalty-kill percentage (81.9%).
- The Maple Leafs have the fourth-best faceoff win percentage in the NHL, at 53.1%.
- The Maple Leafs connect on 10.6% of their shots (ninth in the league).
- The Maple Leafs are looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 21.7 hits and 14.8 blocked shots per game.
Maple Leafs Key Players
- With 30 goals and 69 assists this season, Mitchell Marner is one of Toronto’s top contributors (99 points).
- With 40 goals and 47 assists, William Nylander is one of the most important contributors for Toronto with his 87 points (1.1 per game).
- Toronto’s scoring effort is aided by Auston Matthews’ 87 points. He’s contributed 45 assists.
- As Toronto’s top goalie, Ilya Samsonov has recorded 27 wins and 10 losses this season while giving up 96 goals with 1088 saves.
Maple Leafs Injuries
Maple Leafs Injuries: Victor Mete: Out (Lower Body), Nicholas Robertson: Out For Season (Shoulder), Erik Gustafsson: Day To Day (Upper Body), Matt Murray: Day To Day (Head), Bobby McMann: Out (Knee), Jake Muzzin: Out For Season (Spine)
- With 280 goals (3.4 per game), the Lightning have the NHL’s eighth-best offense.
- The Lightning have allowed 252 total goals this season (3.1 per game), 14th in the NHL.
- Their +28 goal differential is 11th in the league.
- The Lightning have 71 power-play goals (on 280 chances), third in the NHL.
- The Lightning score on 25.4% of their power plays, No. 3 in the NHL.
- The Lightning have seven shorthanded goals (16th in NHL).
- At 79.8, the Lightning have the 15th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Lightning are 11th in faceoff win rate in the NHL (51.5%).
- The Lightning’s 10.7% shooting percentage is seventh in the league.
- The Lightning have not shut out an opponent yet. They average 24.7 hits and 14.0 blocked shots per game.
Lightning Key Players
- Nikita Kucherov’s 31 goals and 80 assists in 82 games for Tampa Bay add up to 111 total points on the season.
- Brayden Point is a leading scorer for Tampa Bay with 94 total points this season. He has scored 50 goals and added 44 assists in 82 games.
- Tampa Bay’s Steven Stamkos is among the top offensive players on the team with 84 total points (33 goals and 51 assists).
- Andrei Vasilevskiy is 34-22-4 in 60 games this season, conceding 159 goals (2.6 goals against average) with 1716 saves and a .915 save percentage (11th in the league).
Lightning Injuries: Erik Cernak: Day To Day (Head), Mikey Eyssimont: Day To Day (Head), Victor Hedman: Day To Day (Undisclosed)