Watch on Saturday when the Toronto Maple Leafs visit the Tampa Bay Lightning on in Game 6 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at 7:00 PM ET on Bally Sports. The Maple Leafs lead the series 3-2.
Maple Leafs vs. Lightning Game Info
- Game Day: Saturday, April 29, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Bally Sports (Regional restrictions may apply)
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Maple Leafs vs. Lightning for free with a trial to Fubo!
Maple Leafs and Lightning Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
Maple Leafs Insights
- The Maple Leafs score the ninth-most goals in the NHL (278 total, 3.4 per game).
- Defensively, the Maple Leafs are one of the stingiest squads in league action, allowing 220 total goals (2.7 per game) to rank seventh.
- They have the league’s fifth-best goal differential at +58.
- The 63 power-play goals the Maple Leafs have recorded this season (on 246 power-play chances) are the seventh-most in the NHL.
- The Maple Leafs are second in the league with a 25.6% power-play conversion rate.
- The Maple Leafs have scored eight shorthanded goals this season.
- The Maple Leafs kill 81.9% of opponent power plays, the 11th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Maple Leafs have the fourth-best faceoff win rate in the NHL, at 53.1%.
- The Maple Leafs make 10.6% of their shots (ninth in the league).
- The Maple Leafs are looking for their first shutout win this season. As a team, they are averaging 21.7 hits and 14.8 blocked shots per game.
Maple Leafs Key Players
- A leading offensive player this season for Toronto, Mitchell Marner has recorded 99 points.
- Having scored 40 goals and adding 47 assists, William Nylander is an important piece of the offense for Toronto through 82 games.
- With 85 points through 74 games (40 goals and 45 assists), Auston Matthews has been an important part of Toronto’s offense this season.
- Across 42 games played, Ilya Samsonov has a goaltending record of 27-10-5. During those games, he’s allowed 96 goals while recording 1088 saves.
Maple Leafs Injuries
Maple Leafs Injuries: Victor Mete: Out (Lower Body), Nicholas Robertson: Out For Season (Shoulder), Erik Gustafsson: Out (Upper Body), Matt Murray: Out (Head), Bobby McMann: Out (Knee), Jake Muzzin: Out For Season (Spine)
- The Lightning are eighth in the league in scoring (280 goals, 3.4 per game).
- The Lightning concede 3.1 goals per game (252 in total), 14th in the NHL.
- With a goal differential of +28, they are 11th in the league.
- The Lightning have 71 power-play goals (third-most in NHL) on 280 chances.
- The Lightning have the NHL’s third-best power-play percentage (25.4).
- This season, the Lightning have seven shorthanded goals (16th in NHL).
- The Lightning’s have the 15th-ranked penalty kill percentage (79.8%).
- At 51.5%, the Lightning have the NHL’s 11th-ranked faceoff win rate.
- The 10.7% shooting percentage of the Lightning is seventh in the league.
- The Lightning have not held their opponents scoreless yet this season.
Lightning Key Players
- Nikita Kucherov has put up 111 points (1.4 per game) for Tampa Bay, with 31 goals and 80 assists in 82 games (playing 20:07 per game).
- Brayden Point is a leading scorer for Tampa Bay with 94 total points this season. He has scored 50 goals and added 44 assists in 82 games.
- Tampa Bay’s Steven Stamkos is among the leaders on the team with 84 total points (33 goals and 51 assists).
- Andrei Vasilevskiy has a .915 save percentage (11th in the league), with 1716 total saves, allowing 159 goals (2.6 goals against average). He has put together a 34-22-4 record this season.
Lightning Injuries: Erik Cernak: Day To Day (Upper Body), Mikey Eyssimont: Day To Day (Head)