The Minnesota Timberwolves (16-19) are underdogs (by 7.5 points) to stop a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Los Angeles Lakers (18-19) on Sunday, January 2, 2022 at 9:30 PM ET.
WATCH THE GAME: Watch the NBA for free with a 7-day trial to fuboTV!
PLACE A BET: Make a risk-free bet up to $1,000 + a free month of fuboTV at fubo Sportsbook: Sign up now!
Lakers vs. Timberwolves Game Time and Odds
- Game Day: Sunday, January 2, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Arena: Staples Center
- Moneyline favorite: Lakers (-352)
- Spread: Lakers (-7.5)
Lakers Betting Stats and Trends
- Los Angeles has covered the spread 16 times this season (16-21-0).
- The Lakers have an ATS record of 2-6 when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- This season, Los Angeles’ games have hit the over 20 times.
- The Lakers average just 2.0 more points per game (111.1) than the Timberwolves give up (109.1).
- Los Angeles has a 12-10 record against the spread and a 15-7 record overall when putting up more than 109.1 points.
- This season, the Lakers have a 46.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.7% higher than the 44.8% of shots the Timberwolves’ opponents have knocked down.
- In games Los Angeles shoots better than 44.8% from the field, it is 13-12 against the spread and 15-10 overall.
Timberwolves Betting Stats and Trends
- Minnesota has compiled an 18-17-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 7.5 points or more so far this year, the Timberwolves have gone 3-1 against the spread.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total 18 times this year.
- The Timberwolves’ 108.1 points per game are just 4.1 fewer points than the 112.2 the Lakers give up to opponents.
- Minnesota has put together a 9-3 ATS record and an 8-4 overall record in games it scores more than 112.2 points.
- This season, Minnesota has an 11-3 record against the spread and a 10-4 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 44.4% from the field.
Lakers vs. Timberwolves Statistics and Rankings
|Lakers Rank||Lakers Stat||Timberwolves Stat||Timberwolves Rank|
|7th||46.5||Field Goal %||42.9||27th|
|12th||44.4||Field Goal % Allowed||44.8||13th|
Lakers vs. Timberwolves Recent Trends
- Los Angeles is 4-6 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- The final score of the past 10 Los Angeles games has exceeded the set total five times.
- Across their last 10 games, the Lakers have scored 1.1 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Minnesota covered the spread seven times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- Across their past 10 games, the Timberwolves have scored 0.8 more points per contest compared to their 108.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Iowa only. Must be 21 or older to gamble. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-BETSOFF or visit 1800BETSOFF.org. Wagering not permitted on athletes on the roster of any Iowa College Teams or their opponents.