The Charlotte Hornets (19-17) will try to continue a three-game winning streak when they host the Phoenix Suns (27-8) on Sunday, January 2, 2022 at Spectrum Center as just 2.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET.
WATCH THE GAME: Watch the NBA for free with a 7-day trial to fuboTV!
PLACE A BET: Make a risk-free bet up to $1,000 + a free month of fuboTV at fubo Sportsbook: Sign up now!
Suns vs. Hornets Game Time and Odds
- Game Day: Sunday, January 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Arena: Spectrum Center
- Moneyline favorite: Suns (-140)
- Spread: Suns (-2.5)
Suns Betting Stats and Trends
- Phoenix has registered an 18-17-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Suns have an ATS record of 14-15.
- Games involving Phoenix have hit the over 17 times this season.
- The 111.7 points per game the Suns average are the same as the Hornets give up.
- Phoenix is 8-1 against the spread and 9-0 overall when scoring more than 116.1 points.
- The Suns make 47.4% of their shots from the field this season, which is 0.7 percentage points higher than the Hornets have allowed to their opponents (46.7%).
- Phoenix is 13-7 against the spread and 18-2 overall when it shoots better than 46.7% from the field.
Hornets Betting Stats and Trends
- Charlotte has gone 22-14-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Hornets have an ATS record of 12-8.
- This season, Charlotte’s games have hit the over 20 times.
- The Hornets average 10.2 more points per game (115.2) than the Suns give up to opponents (105.0).
- Charlotte has put together a 19-10 ATS record and a 17-12 overall record in games it scores more than 105.0 points.
- The Hornets are shooting 46.2% from the field, 2.4% higher than the 43.8% the Suns’ opponents have shot this season.
- Charlotte is 17-5 against the spread and 14-8 overall when it shoots better than 43.8% from the field.
Suns vs. Hornets Statistics and Rankings
|Suns Rank||Suns Stat||Hornets Stat||Hornets Rank|
|2nd||47.4||Field Goal %||46.2||10th|
|4th||43.8||Field Goal % Allowed||46.7||26th|
Suns vs. Hornets Recent Trends
- Phoenix is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- Phoenix and its opponents have hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- Over their last 10 games, the Suns have a points-per-game average 0.8 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Charlotte covered the spread seven times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Charlotte and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- During their last 10 games, the Hornets have scored 1.7 fewer points per contest compared to their 115.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
Iowa only. Must be 21 or older to gamble. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-BETSOFF or visit 1800BETSOFF.org. Wagering not permitted on athletes on the roster of any Iowa College Teams or their opponents.