On Saturday, the San Diego Padres (76-78) are hosting the St. Louis Cardinals (67-87), at 8:40 PM ET. The Padres have won eight in a row. Nick Martinez (5-4) is the starter for the Padres, and Jake Woodford (2-2) for the Cardinals.
How to Live Stream Padres vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
- TV: MLB.tv
FREE MLB LIVE STREAM: Watch Padres vs. Cardinals for free with a trial to Fubo!
Padres and Cardinals Stats
- The Padres average 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings as a pitching staff, eighth-most in the league.
- Padres pitchers have a combined ERA of 3.90 this year, fifth-best in baseball.
- The Padres rank 13th in Major League Baseball with 200 home runs.
- Hitters for San Diego have combined for a team rank of 13th in the majors with a .416 team slugging percentage.
- The 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings put together by the Cardinals pitching staff ranks 28th in the majors.
- St. Louis’ 4.73 team ERA ranks 23rd among all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Cardinals rank 10th in baseball with 205 total home runs.
- So far this year, St. Louis’ .419 slugging percentage ranks 12th in the majors.
Padres vs. Cardinals Key Players
- Juan Soto has a team-high 32 home runs and 101 runs batted in.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. is hitting .262 with 32 doubles, a triple, 25 home runs and 50 walks.
- Manny Machado is hitting .253 with 21 doubles, 30 home runs and 49 walks.
- Paul Goldschmidt leads the Cardinals with a team-leading batting average of .271.
- Lars Nootbaar is batting .264 with 24 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 67 walks.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .241 with 23 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 32 walks.
WATCH THE GAME: Watch Major League Baseball for free with a trial to Fubo!
Padres vs. Cardinals Betting Odds and Trends
Padres vs. Cardinals Moneyline and Over/Under
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Padres vs. Cardinals Betting Trends
- The Padres have won 63, or 55.3%, of the 114 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- The Padres are 29-19 this season when entering a game favored by -171 or more on the moneyline.
- The Padres and their opponents have gone over the total this season in 66 of 154 opportunities.
- The Cardinals have won in 32, or 42.1%, of the 76 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This season, the Cardinals have come away with a win six times in 12 chances when named as an underdog of at least +146 or longer on the moneyline.
- Cardinals games have gone over the total in 73 of their 152 opportunities.