The Washington Capitals (9-4-2) will aim to extend a four-game win streak when they face the Buffalo Sabres (8-9-1) at home on Wednesday, November 22 at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+, MSG-B, and MNMT.
Capitals vs. Sabres Game Info
- Game Day: Wednesday, November 22, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV: MSG (Regional restrictions may apply)
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Capitals vs. Sabres for free with a trial to Fubo!
Capitals and Sabres Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
- The Capitals’ 37 total goals (2.5 per game) make them the 31st-ranked scoring team in the league.
- The Capitals have conceded 40 total goals (2.7 per game), the third-fewest in NHL play.
- They have the league’s 20th-ranked goal differential at -3.
- The three power-play goals the Capitals have put up this season rank 32nd in the NHL (on 43 power-play chances).
- The Capitals’ 6.98% power-play conversion rate ranks 32nd in the league.
- The two shorthanded goals the Capitals have scored this season rank ninth among NHL squads.
- The Capitals kill 84.44% of opponent power plays, the 12th-ranked penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Capitals win 45.7% of their faceoffs to rank 29th in the NHL.
- The Capitals connect on 8.5% of their shots (29th in the league).
- The Capitals have shut out opponents once this season. They average 16.3 hits and 18.5 blocked shots per game.
Capitals Key Players
- One of Washington’s top offensive options this season is Alexander Ovechkin, who has put up 12 points in 15 games.
- John Carlson is another of Washington’s important contributors currently with nine total points (one goal and eight assists) to his name.
- Dylan Strome has contributed eight points for Washington in 15 games this season, netting a goal on 21.2% of his shots and putting up seven goals and one assist.
- Across five games played, Charlie Lindgren has a goaltending record of 4-1-0. During those games, he’s allowed 10 goals while recording 157 saves.
Nicklas Backstrom: Personal (Out),
Max Pacioretty: Achilles (Out),
Matthew Phillips: Lower Body (Questionable),
Martin Fehervary: Lower Body (Out)
- The Sabres have 51 goals this season (2.8 per game), 19th in the league.
- The Sabres allow 3.2 goals per game (57 in total), 21st in the NHL.
- With a goal differential of -6, they are 22nd in the league.
- The Sabres have six power-play goals (28th in NHL) on 52 chances.
- The Sabres’ power-play percentage (11.54) ranks them 27th in the league.
- In terms of shorthanded goals, the Sabres have two.
- At 85.29, the Sabres have the seventh-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Sabres are 31st in faceoff win rate in the NHL (44.3%).
- With a shooting percentage of 9.9%, the Sabres are 18th in the league.
- The Sabres have shut out their opponent once. They are averaging 16.1 hits and 16.1 blocked shots per game.
Sabres Key Players
- Rasmus Dahlin has collected four goals and 11 assists in 18 games for Buffalo, good for 15 points.
- Jeff Skinner has helped lead the attack for Buffalo this season with eight goals and six assists.
- John-Jason Peterka has 14 points so far, including seven goals and seven assists.
- Eric Comrie is 1-2-0 this season, amassing 79 saves and allowing nine goals (2.6 goals against average) with an .898 save percentage (37th in the league).
Tage Thompson: Upper Body (Out),
Jack Quinn: Achilles (Out)