Something has to give when the Columbus Blue Jackets (4-11-4, on a nine-game losing streak) host the Chicago Blackhawks (5-11, losers of four in a row). The matchup on Wednesday, November 22 starts at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+, NBCS-CHI, and BSOH.
Blue Jackets vs. Blackhawks Game Info
- Game Day: Wednesday, November 22, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV: Bally Sports (Regional restrictions may apply)
FREE NHL LIVE STREAM: Watch Blue Jackets vs. Blackhawks for free with a trial to Fubo!
Blue Jackets and Blackhawks Stats, Key Players, and Injuries
Blue Jackets Insights
- The Blue Jackets’ 51 total goals (2.7 per game) make them the 19th-ranked scoring team in the NHL.
- The Blue Jackets rank 31st in goals against, allowing 69 total goals (3.6 per game) in league action.
- They have the league’s 31st-ranked goal differential at -18.
- The six power-play goals the Blue Jackets have scored this season rank 28th in the NHL (on 61 power-play chances).
- The Blue Jackets’ 9.84% power-play conversion rate ranks 30th in the league.
- The Blue Jackets kill 87.27% of opponent power plays, the fourth-best penalty-kill percentage in the league.
- The Blue Jackets win 47.3% of their faceoffs (25th in the NHL)
- The Blue Jackets shoot 8.7% as a team (27th in the league).
- The Blue Jackets have not shut out an opponent this season. They average 13.4 hits and 18.9 blocked shots per game.
Blue Jackets Key Players
- One of Columbus’ top offensive players this season is Ivan Provorov, who has recorded 12 points in 19 games.
- Boone Jenner is another of Columbus’ important contributors currently with 11 total points (eight goals and three assists) to his name.
- With 11 points through 17 games (one goal and 10 assists), Zachary Werenski has been an important part of Columbus’ offensive efforts this season.
- In eight games played this season, Spencer Martin (1-5-1) has given up 24 goals.
Blue Jackets Injuries
Jack Roslovic: Ankle (Out),
Daniil Tarasov: Undisclosed (Out)
- The Blackhawks’ 40 goals on the season (2.5 per game) rank them 30th in the league.
- The Blackhawks’ total of 56 goals allowed (3.5 per game) is 19th in the league.
- Their -16 goal differential is 29th in the league.
- The Blackhawks have six power-play goals (on 53 chances), 28th in the NHL.
- The Blackhawks score on 11.32% of their power plays, No. 29 in the NHL.
- In terms of shorthanded goal, the Blackhawks have one.
- The Blackhawks’ have the 18th-ranked penalty kill percentage (77.36%).
- The Blackhawks are 32nd in faceoff win rate in the NHL (43.3%).
- With a shooting percentage of 9.5%, the Blackhawks are 22nd in the league.
- This season, the Blackhawks have not shut out an opponent.
Blackhawks Key Players
- Connor Bedard has totaled 15 points (0.9 per game) for Chicago, with nine goals and six assists in 16 games (playing 19:35 per game).
- Philipp Kurashev is a top offensive contributor for Chicago with 10 total points this season. He has scored four goals and added six assists in 10 games.
- Corey Perry has scored four goals on the season, adding five assists.
- Arvid Soderblom has an .884 save percentage (57th in the league), with 190 total saves, giving up 25 goals (3.9 goals against average). He has put together a 1-6-0 record this season.
Luke Philp: Achilles (Out),
Colin Blackwell: Lower Body (Out),
Taylor Hall: Undisclosed (Questionable),
Samuel Savoie: Leg (Out),
Andreas Athanasiou: Undisclosed (Out),
Jarred Tinordi: Oblique (Out)